What you put onto your body is just as important as what you put into your body. Using skin-loving ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, natural essential oils and natural colourants, you will get to make your own batch of soap to take home with you! This hands-on class will give you the confidence to make soap in your home.
During this class we will discuss:
- What soapmaking is
- Why do you want to make your own
- The basic process of soapmaking
- Basic Recipes
During the hands-on portion of the class, you will get to:
- Select and blend your essential oils or choose a fragrance oil to fragrance your soap
- Select your additives and natural colouring
- Weigh out and make the lye solution
- Weigh out the oils and additives
- Mix your soap and pour into the mould
You will make a +-1kg batch of soap, the equivalent of about 8 bars, from start to finish – a retail value of R240.00! (basic bars retail for R25-30 each!)
Included in the workshop fee:
- All supplies you need for the day will be provided, including base oils, essential oils, additives, colourants, equipment and moulds (you take your mould home with you to reuse!).
- I will also provide a detailed hand out of everything we discussed, and this includes the recipe you made, as well as extra recipes.
- The Soapure team knows that you’ll want to get right into making your own soap soon, so we will also include your own pair of safety glasses/goggles, as well as some Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) for you to take home with you if you want.
- You will need to bring an apron, and a long sleeve top, and preferably wear closed shoes.
- Coffee, tea, filtered water and light snacks provided. If you have any special dietary requirements, please bring your own snacks.
Class sizes are limited to 4 people at a time, so sign up soon.
Class venue: The Reeds, Centurion
Date: We are very flexible, so let us know when you’d like to train. We can accommodate weekday and weekend classes.
Duration: +- 3 hours for the basic course. Let’s chat and find a mutually convenient time
Cost: R750 (Must be paid 7 days before class to secure your spot).